We’re in the market to mix things up a little bit with some new art for our upcoming eighth Volume!
You see, up until this point, we’ve mostly been using Unsplash (a searchable database of royalty-free images) to source the artwork for our volume covers. While this solution has worked pretty well for us thus far, we’ve decided that, if possible, we’d prefer to showcase original artwork from real artists in our community on our covers. As such, we’re calling on those of you with an artsy bent to send us the goods!
Ideally, submissions would be created in direct response to the current prompt, but if you already have a piece that you think fits the theme, we’d love to see that too!
- Submission deadline will be the same as the deadline for writing (December 31, 2018, 11:59 PM PST)
- Submissions can be sent to email@example.com—please use the subject line Vol. 8: Cover Art Submission
- Please ensure that your submission is 300 dpi for that extra crispness
- Rather than including your art in the body of the email, please attach it as a PDF
- Please include a third person bio in the body of your email, as well as a short artist’s statement (if you’d like—this isn’t required, but preferred!)
- As with written submissions, we cannot pay you for your work, but we’ll ensure that you’re credited within the Volume as the cover artist, and listed as a contributor